Tuesday 2 January 2018

It's 2018 & it needs to be the year of the eBike Cruiser...

Well it is the 1st day of 2018 & what a year 2017 has been & one focus I have had to deal with is the ever changing disability where not just 1 leg is causing issues but now the other one has joined in & that has effected my cycling. End of 2017 & looks like I have more lifestyle changes to come in 2018. So having to make changes in my life to adapt to these changes, like buying a laptop to carry on doing the stuff I normally do on the PC but can't as it hurts too much sitting at the desk. Which I have to thank my family for helping me with with vouchers & cash for Christmas to afford this lovely inexpensive laptop & this is the first blog I am writing on the new laptop.

And as I couldn't cycle today (thanks to my knee), I couldn't go to work due to no bus services so instead I have been working on my newest bike which I recently bought to become the next ebike (the 2nd Electra Townie) by adding the perfect handlebars for me & that is with the addition of the side folding centre stand & rear rack done weeks ago.

 

But that is just the beginning of the many things I need to do to build the perfect ebike for me & that means I need more funds.

So for this to happen I am trying to save what I can & that is a very slow progress when you're working part time & have limited funds, it took well over 6 months to save up to buy the Townie & that was only possible partly coz it was in a sale. So to get the rest of the funds at the rate its going will mean it won't be until 2019/20 before I get a fully functional ebike Cruiser & quite honestly that is too long. I would like to have it fully complete & up & running in 2018, preferably in the Summer.

So in order that I can make this happen I need to sell some of my stuff, especially my existing eBike 'Dutchess' as I can no longer ride it due to my disability changing. It's a lovely bike & atm is just sitting gathering dust & it really shouldn't be, it needs to be ridden.


More about it can be found here: For Sale! One Awesome eBike, my Dutchess. I am looking for £750 & if you are interested then please make me a reasonable offer, if its a price I'm happy to accept then I be more than happy to sell the bike. Tho of course the more I get, the better chance I have to build & complete the next ebike to replace her.

I also have other stuff available to sell to which will help fund the work needed to be done but not enough to cover the whole process to convert the Townie.

A pair of Schwalbe Land Cruiser (reflex) 700x35 that were used on a bike I no longer have & salvaged them. £15/pair.

 

2 sets of Panniers, the all Black throw over one is Basil & the White panelled clip on roll top one is Bikemate. £10/pair


A bike rack/hanger that can hold 2 bikes & folds down when flat, does need some padding added back onto the area where the bikes sit but is in working order. I like £10 for this.

 


There's also a SKS Chainboard, suitable for upto 48 teeth front Chainwheel & was bought for a previous bike (I no longer have) but never got round to fitting it on the bottom bracket. So is still new & unused & would like £15 for it.


I also have a Proviz Nightrider 30l Rucksack, got it as a gift but it's not my sort of rucksack so stayed in its packaging. Would like £40 for this.


And lastly there's The Jawbreaker Multi-tool, another gift which I rather sell than use. New & unused & like £40.


So if you are interested then make me an offer & if reasonable I be happy to accept it. You can comment on this blog where I can read but not publish it or can contact me on Twitter @2_Wheeled_Wolf or just email me on wolfdragonrider@gmail.com. 

I'm sorry if you have read all of this before but I need to sell these to get the next ebike built. I could sell them online elsewhere but that would likely involve charges & less funds for the ebike conversion of the Townie & these are just some of the stuff I am looking to sell & when I get a chance to raid the attic, I will have more to sell to get the next eBike built.

And if you can, please share this blog & hopefully someone would be happy to purchase something to help fund this ebike project.

No comments:

Post a Comment