Wednesday 17 January 2018

Why do so many people keep saying "riding an ebike is cheating"???

Seriously, why?


Who is it cheating? Really, who is it cheating?
Is riding a bike now a competition no matter where you go? See who can get to the shops the fastest & can carry the heaviest load? If this is so, why isn't it in the cycling events or part of the Tour De France? Hell, if it was I might understand the idiot drivers going on about being the latest Wiggins wannabe.

If riding an ebike is cheating then those who use their cars are too but never hear anyone bleat about their neighbours cheating coz the drove 1/2 mile to the shop for the Sunday papers or a bottle of milk.

Should we also say using a walking stick, wheelchair or mobility scooter is cheating too? No one would dare to would they & why is that?

So I ask again, why is using an ebike cheating? Would you rather those who feel they need to use an ebike for whatever reason whether a disability, parenthood or just make it easier to cycle to work every day not bother & give up cycling & use a car instead? Thus add yet more cars to the congested roads.


Come on! Lets stop this bullshit about ebikes are cheating, if you don't want to ride one then don't but quite simply just coz you don't want to doesn't mean everyone shouldn't have to. And saying they're bad for doing so deserves a bloody smack for that, you should be encouraging people to cycle & if it means using an ebike then so be it. Good on them!

 

I for one love the idea of ebikes, I use one when I need to when my disability isn't as good to ride my Cruiser bike. Would you rather I stayed at home or used a car when my legs are bad when cycling is just what I need to help keep my legs going & try stay free?


Who do you think you are hurting when you go on about "ebikes are for cheating"? Would you say this 80yr old is a cheater coz he chooses to ride an ebike?


Read below the responses I had to my anger at that tweet & see who they are. NONE of them are cheaters, just people using the best mode of transport to get about & stay fit & healthy or like others to. And I like to thank them for their replies.

 

These are just a handful over 24hrs & all feel the same that ebikes enables people to cycle when it's likely they wouldn't have. As I have often point to with my disability, #cyclingeasierthanwalking & it goes #beyondthebicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment